My Favorite Summer Skincare Items for Acne-Prone Skin
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my journey with acne is that beauty and skin health start within, but the right products sure do help too! I used to feel like I just wasn’t a “skincare person”, but breaking out as I have in the last year or so and entering my late 20s prompted me to invest more into learning about skincare and I now love it. This post isn’t sponsored. I just wanted to share my tips since so many of you ask what I use :) I’m constantly working on finding what works for me, but here are my current favorite products for my skin:
For day and night:
- Tula’s probiotic purifying cleanser is amazing. I’ve used it twice a day over the last month and have seen a big difference. The idea behind a probiotic cleanser is that it naturally cleans up any bacteria on the face. If my skin health is any testament, I’d say the product does just that. Plus, it’s nice and foamy which I love in a cleanser.
In the AM:
- I follow morning cleansing by massaging the C-Firma Day Serum, a Vitamin-C serum by Drunk Elephant, onto my face and neck. The product is a bit on the pricey side, but honestly, it works. I see a noticeable different in the way any dull morning skin is firmed and brightened with just a pump of this product
- The Protini Polypeptide Cream goes on next which I love as a daily morning moisturizer since it’s not too heavy.
- I finish my morning skin routine with a daily sunscreen that goes under my makeup or on my bare skin on a lighter day. I’ve been loving the Drunk Elephant Daily SPF 30 which gives me full protection, but isn’t too cakey or oily on my face.
In the evening:
- I take off my makeup by massaging my face with a facial oil ( Cocokind’s Facial Cleansing Oil ) which when I started seemed strange since my skin is oily and acne-prone. The oil gets my makeup and any dirt on my face right off when I rub in circles and wipe off with a cloth. It actually works better than any synthetic product for clearing off my face followed by my probiotic cleanser.
- I love retinols now for healing acne scars and fine lines. Trying others, but Ren Skincare’s Bio-Retinoid cream was amazing - not too severe and definitely noticed a difference. Wear sunscreen with it!
- I’ve been putting on Tula’s Probiotic Day and Night moisturizer at night in this hot weather since it isn’t too cake-y and love it! It cleans your skin overnight and is amazing.
- I finish with Cocokind’s eye firming oil is officially the best eye cream I’ve found! I love how simple it is and have noticed a huge difference in my eyes and smile creases after❤️